Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Best salad I've ever had

This recipe is from an awesome cookbook my friend gave to me...The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without by Mollie Katzen

Is it legal to blog about it???  Someone tell me if it's not and I'll take it off right away.  I'm shortening the directions a bit too...

Broccoli, Apples, and Red Onion in Honey Mustard Marinade (longest title ever)

1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
2 T cider vinegar
2 T dijon mustard
1/2 t minced garlic
1/4 t salt
2 t honey
5 T olive oil (I usually only do about 2 of 3 T)
3/4 C thinly sliced red onion
1 medium apple, thinly sliced

Steam the broccoli until it is bright green and tender crisp.  Put the red onions on top of the broccoli so the steam can soften them for the last minute or so.  Mix vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, honey, and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.  Add broccoli, onion, and apple and mix well with the dressing.

Oh man.  You're gonna love it, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I want this so bad! When it won't make my kid freak out I'm totally making it!

    ReplyDelete