Friday, May 2, 2014

Rich

Last night I went for a walk with two of my dearest friends.  The path we were on was so beautiful, the temperature was PERFECT, and the company was refreshing after a long day of being mom.

We were winding through the backyards of a rich neighborhood full of BIG houses and immaculate yards.  After the walk, we drove around the neighborhood gawking at some of the huge houses.  I found myself wishing I had the money they had.  "What do these people do for a living?!"  I wondered aloud.

I tried to remind myself that less is more.  That I write this blog.  That I prefer minimalism over gluttony and consumerism.  But something has been eating at me for the last 24 hours since I got home from that walk.  I don't like it.  I don't want to focus on what I don't have, how much money I wish we made, how awesome the summer vacations of these people must be.  I REALLY want to be happy with what I have.



And so, the quote that's been floating around in my head...

"Who is rich?  He who rejoices in his portion."  - The Talmud




No comments:

Post a Comment