Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The nice thing about choosing a direction

"The nice thing about choosing a direction is that you never know what you're going to get.  You might head west in search of the mountains on the horizon but along the way find a beautiful river instead.  Or you might traverse the sand dunes only to find a village a few miles from the crater behind you.  You never what what's around the bend."

-Joshua Fields Millburn

I'm not a risk taker and I don't love surprises.  For me, the thing about choosing a direction is that I'm ALWAYS afraid, anxious, unsure, and positive I'm going to fail along the way.  I forget that I can find beauty and adventure in almost any circumstance.  That's why this quote means so much to me.


1 comment:

  1. True that. I always forget to appreciate what you find along the way because I'm too preoccupied with what the destination I had in mind is! Ugh. Life ;) Good quote!

    ReplyDelete